Find Out About Nature Conservation Issues And Help Preserve Our Planet's Natural Resources
Nature conservation issues, the welfare of the natural world and the wildlife, plants, and animals that we share this planet with are connected to our everyday lives in many different ways. Yet modern society is set up in such a way that we are often not aware of this reality.
For the most part in the Western world, our technologically advanced lifestyles alienate and disconnect us from our natural environment. We often do not know where the food we eat comes from or how it is grown. We are not aware of how the earth’s weather patterns, forests, and oceans have an impact on things we take for granted, such as the water we drink, and the air we breathe. We are so plugged into the latest technologies that we have forgotten that we are a part of the earth and its living ecosystem, not outside of it or separate from it.
The truth is that the state of our planet has an impact on human survival, global and local economies, community life, and human health and well-being. Yet many of our natural resources are at risk more than ever before.
Most of us are already aware that pandas and tigers and polar bears are threatened. We know that forests and natural habitat areas are vanishing due to human encroachment, development, and urban sprawl. We know about the threat of global warming. Yet, amazingly, the situation is a lot deeper and more serious than most of us probably realize. The good news is that with awareness and nature conservation efforts, we can reverse the situation if we get involved.
This section gives an overview of nature conservation issues and the status of the planet in the main areas which are threatened: wildlife, forests, oceans, and wetlands. You will also find a list of different conservation organizations to support in each category and ways in which we can all help...and be a part of the solution.
The world's forests are in decline due to a number of threats to their survival.
Find out more here
and learn what you can do to help save our forests and woodlands.
Our oceans are home to a diverse variety of species found nowhere else on the planet. Ocean conservation efforts involve unique challenges.
Learn more here.
Thousands of species of animals, birds, and other wild creatures are in danger of extinction. Learn about wildlife conservation here and find out what you can do to help save our endangered species.
Our Water and Wetlands are precious resources that need to be protected. Learn why wetland conservation is so important and what you can do to help preserve the planet's water supply.
Click here for more information.
Looking for a little natural inspiration? Visit our page featuring a selection of nature quotes from around the world.
Ways You Can Help and General Conservation Organizations To Support:
1. The Nature Conservancy -- www.nature.org
2. Conservation International -- www.conservation.org
3. The Conservation Fund -- www.conservationfund.org -- “forges partnerships to protect America’s legacy of land and water resources. Through land acquisition, community and economic development, and conservation training, the Fund and its partners demonstrate effective conservation solutions emphasizing the integration of economic and environmental goals. A gift to The Conservation Fund will help us protect over 1,000 acres every day of America's important wildlife habitat, working lands, historical places and community natural areas.
4. The World Resources Institute -- www.wri.org – “an environmental think tank that goes beyond research to find practical ways to protect the earth and improve people's lives. Our mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth's environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.”
5. Write to your local media outlets and demand coverage of these issues!
6. Write letters to Congress and local representatives to let them know your concerns and that you support environmental policies.
7. Volunteer, donate money, spread the word, get involved. Be a part of the solution!
Click here to return from Nature Conservation to Green-Organic-World.com's Home Page.